Saturday, March 23, 2013

Acupuncture for Muscle Knots



A muscle knot can be much more then just a pain in the neck, it can cause a burning discomfort that can run down different parts of the body, decreasing mobility and quality of life in general. Muscle knots are also known as myofascial knots or more commonly known as trigger points. They  are caused by injury, overwork or even sitting down too long that can cause muscle tissue to contract into a small mass of hard tissue.

Knots occur mostly along the back and legs, but also occur in the neck and shoulders. They can cause range of motion to be limited or the impingement of a nerve, which can cause a great deal of discomfort.  As is the case with most sciatic nerve issues, which is typically an impingement caused by a knot deep in the buttocks area.

The way to get rid of a knot is to relax it, which can some times be a very difficult thing to do. Not all knots are equal, some are very stubborn. Fortunately acupuncture is a great way to get right to the center of it, piercing the knot can help release it almost automatically. Although sometimes a knot caused by an injury can be more then meets the eye and multiple acupuncture sessions might be needed to relax it.

Adding cupping therapy to a knotted area coupled with acupuncture can really do the trick, cups are great at breaking up contracted tissue and invigorating blood flow to the area. Together these two therapies have a great track record of relaxing knots, reducing inflammation and getting rid of any burning painful discomfort in the area.

If you or any one you know has a pain in the neck or any where else in the body, I recommend going to see your local acupuncturist to get rid of it. It may not happen right away, but with in a few treatments relief should be felt.

Thanks for reading Acuthink, please leave any comments or questions and come back again to learn more about the health benefits of acupuncture.



5 comments:

  1. Today I have come to know the real reason of why I always have neck pain with the help of Physiotherapy North Ryde and why my therapist always instructs me of having straight neck and have some rest at times to remove my pain but I do not get the same results with that routine as I get from physiotherapy and the instructor is the best one who does massage me and my whole month looks very easily completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Guasha therapy works effectively in dissolving muscular knot ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the root cause, but in general for an acute knot yes is can break them and relax the tissue.

      Delete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made ! acupuncture bellmore

    ReplyDelete