The most common symptoms of bell's palsy are as follows:
- Paralysis, weakness or numbness of one or both sides of the face
- Difficulty speaking, drooling
- Dry eyes or constant tearing of the affected eye
- Loss of taste
- Pain around the ear
- Expelling the pathogenic factor (cold virus)
- Stimulating qi and blood flow to effected parts of the face
- Boosting the immune system to reinforce the first two factors
There could be up to 2 dozen acupuncture points on the face that can be used to treat bells palsy, which are also good to stimulate with acupressure. Stimulating the points for up to a count of 100 a few times a day is a good way to bring blood to the face. Here are a hand full of some of the best points to stimulate on the face and their other uses besides for bell's palsy. Check out the above picture to see where they're located.
- GallBladder 14 - Frontal Headaches
- Stomach 2 - Any Eye Problems
- Stomach 4 - Facial Pain, Trouble Eating
- Governing Vessel 26 - Brings energy to face, good for driving late at night.
- Triple Burner 23 - Eye swelling and pain
Thank you for visiting Acuthink, I hope this has been an informative article and please leave any comments or questions.